Oraclle Toplink Question

From: Jay Hulslander <jdh34_at_cornell.edu.REMOVETHIS>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 16:20:18 -0500

Hello all,

    I have an Oracle database table that includes a GUID as one of it's fields. The default value, set in the database is sys_guid(). The default value works properly. I use Toplink to map the table to a Java object. Everything works fine with my mappings except the GUID variable. I want to set my mappings suck that when the GUID variable is not set when the object is first saved to the database, Toplink realizes that the database will generate a GUID when the new row is saved. This type of proccess works fine with a number (sequence) field that is the primary key. Does anyone have any solutions?

thanks,

    Jay Received on Wed Dec 03 2003 - 22:20:18 CET

Original text of this message