Re: PLSQL running a DOS command

From: <mcstock>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:57:20 -0500

that's because HOST is a SQL*Plus command, and SQL*Plus is a specific database interface tool

if you're running your PL/SQL procedure from SQL*Plus as an anonymous block, then you could user DBMS_OUTPUT to generate SQL*Plus commands to be spooled to a file, then run that file, ie

(for illustration only -- this is not a working bu script  these commands would all be included in a SQL*Plus script file)

set echo off
set termout off
set feedback off
set serveroutput on size 500000
spool somefilename.cmd

begin

  • some pl/sql stuff, for example for r1 in ( select file_name from dba_data_files order by file_name ) loop dbms_output.put_line('host copy ' || r1.file_name || ' z:\oracle\filebu'); end loop; end; /

spool off
set termout on

host somefilename.cmd

  • mark c stock