Re: Export Tablespaces

From: FlameDance <FlameDance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:30:44 +0100

Niall Litchfield wrote:

>>Look for DESTROY=Y

> True. I'd missed that you were setting that parameter. Why you would set the
> parameter is beyond me though.

The idea was to overwrite objects during import. Looks like it's not the right parameter for that purpose unless I want to overwrite the whole tablespaces - and then destroy=y would go to the wrong target, as the production databases file- and pathnames are in the export file.

> I'd expect the scripts to actually look like
>
> exp system/manager_at_prod ....
> imp system/manager_at_test ...

That's what I wanted to do. When you look back, in none of the import attempts where I explicitly stated the instance I got a ora-001034 error. Which, thinking about it, leads me to the conclusion that when I didn't explicitly stated the instance that somehow I ended up on another instance?

Stephan Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 16:30:44 CET

Original text of this message