Re: How to export a Style from Portal 3.0.9?

From: Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:14:24 +0100

Brian Dobby wrote:
> Hi. I'm using Portal 3.0.9 and am about to migrate a portal from a
> development environment to a live environment. I've seen the stuff on
> how to export pages, content areas, etc. but how do I export a content
> area style?
> TIA
> Brian

Probably not :-(

This part (export / import) of Portal is fested with bugs. Apply the latest patches on both installations (it vital, that both versions are exectly equal!) and give it a try.

A collegue of mine couldn't get it done with Rel2, either, but this was with an application written by 3rd party, so not all details about versions, and method of export were known.

Make sure you have valid backups of production before importing!

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel