Re: Learning/Teaching SQL

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:25:14 -0800

Lee wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
>

>> Lee wrote:
>>

>> My classes are pretty much graduate level ... almost all of my
>> students already have undergraduate degrees in Computer Science. That
>> said I don't think there are any easy answers nor do I think there are
>> any textbooks that will be of great help. Were I in your position I
>> would look for a good training company to provide the hands-on
>> training required. What geographical area are you in? I might be able
>> to make some recommendations.

> Unless you know somebody who wants to volunteer (we are a non profit,
> after all)... I'm afraid there's no budget and I'm the designated chief,
> cook, and bottle washer on this one.

I might so I'll ask the question again ... where are you?

  1. Country and 2. (if US) State and City

> Fortunately, Thats not a problem. This is a self selecting set of
> professionals who are motivated to pick up a tool whose utility they see
> demonstrated before their very eyes every day. In every bunch, there are
> always a set (generally a minority) whom
> I call "ham radio operators". The sort of people who like to know "how
> does it work" (which is something a bit different from
> "how do I work it" , though of course they want to know that too)
>
> Thanx

Then lets see if I can recommend or you can find a trainer. If not I'll help you put together some classes ... and in addition to washing the bottles you can become a teacher too.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu