Re: Oracle Report Builder vs MS Excel

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:51:44 -0800

Juchny wrote:

>>I wouldn't use reports. I'd use a form and just pass the parameters back
>>to a stored procedure.
>>--

> I don't really have much choice. Can U write a little bit more about using
> forms to genarate reports? Maybe you have a small howto somewhere?
>
> Juchny

Write a stored procedure that takes as an input any values you wish to pass to the WHERE clause of a cursor.

Then using a CURSOR loop with UTL_FILE just write out column concatenated to a comma concatenated to a column concatenated to a comma until you are done.

Excel will have no problem opening the file.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu