Re: ORA-12705 - invalid / unknown NLS parameter (TOAD)

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:43:52 -0800

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:
Ketil Holden <ketil_at_softhome.net> wrote in message news:<u4r3rv8c7ss8aunnulebagj4p3ug9bl0m1_at_4ax.com>...

Hi.

I'm having trouble getting Toad to connect to the database. I've just
installed everything on a new computer, and after fiddling some with
NLS_LANG registry settings, I got SQL*Plus happy. However, Toad is
not, no matter which Oracle home I use. Both have been set to
AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P9. I also sat this as an enviroment
variable.

How can I find out whats going on or fix this?

Versions:
WinXP
Oracle 8 db
Oracle Client 9i r2 (9.2.0.1.0)
Toad 7.3.0.0

I've also installed Forms/Reports 6i which also installed SQL*plus 8
and Jdeveloper in case that means anything. I've gotten both the
SQL*Plus versions talking to the DB.

thanks,

I don't think WE8ISO8859P9 exists. Anyway, just set it to US7ASCII,
connect, and query v$nls_valid_values and you will know.

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

WE8ISO8859P9 is valid.
--