Re: Thanks and how's the job market for Forms?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:00:12 -0700

Robert C wrote:

>Gosh....glad I did not spend the money & time (so close)
>to learn this thing.....guess it's about to fade away....
>

>"Ryan Gaffuri"
>

>>forms market is terrible. oracle isnt spending much on development for
>>forms and is moving to jdeveloper. its so bad that noone is even
>>writing 9i forms books and very few articles. Oracle dosent even have
>>9i forms documentation just some release notes.
>>
>>salaries for forms jobs are way down. mostly temp jobs that pay
>>$25-30/hour in DC area(that is often on a 1099). ive seen it as low as
>>$18/hour.
>>
>>java is much better right now, but you need experience to get
>>experience.

I disagree. I don't think it is going to fade away anytime soon. And the marketplace in some
regions of the US are still top dollar for the skill set.

I personally don't see JDeveloper ever replacing forms, perhaps HTML_DB or something else, but
not Java.Java is just too difficult for the average person to learn to use well. And the operative word
here is "well".

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu