Re: Thanks and how's the job market for Forms?

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:52:21 GMT

In article <367d520f.0310210543.326fe316_at_posting.google.com>, itdad_at_yahoo.com (Richard) wrote:

>As for the job market for forms and reports; how is it? A few years
>ago an Oracle developer told me he expected the market to drop out the
>way it did for VB programmers. Too many people, too few jobs and
>falling pay rates. Any comments?

Do a monster.com search and see for yourself. Forms developers are, maybe on a good day, 1/10 the number of VB jobs open. Forms is extremely specialized and specific to app/web development against Oracle databases. Against other databases, it's practically unheard of (with good reason). Also, with Oracle's abandonment of client-server, it's not feasible for smaller Oracle shops, leaving Forms development practical only for the very large shops that can afford it. Received on Wed Oct 22 2003 - 14:52:21 CEST

Original text of this message