Outsourcing its becoming a problem

From: John Rutherford <jr1.rutherford_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 16:16:51 +0100

Apologies if this is a bit off topic - But I have just come back off an oracle course - 2 people of which are being made redundent due to outsourcing.

Are we having our life opportunities terminated and [Quoted] rolled out at a cheaper cost in these countries. I thought Globalisation was supposed to bring competition - Instead our IT manager are giving away our livlyhoods for nothing.
So what if cheaper - Is it ethical????? Is it fair on your children or the society your ancestors dreamed of building.
If these people want oracle jobs than they should [Quoted] get of their butts and come to 1st world countries. We should not give it to them on a plate just to save a few scents - Cause lets face it - once these economies try to get off their knees we will bomb them back into the stone age - But for you my oracle friends -that will be too late!!
2 things we can do
Boycott organisations who outsource
[Quoted]
Be ethical as a customer and use vendors who do not outsource ie Pick who [Quoted] you bank with and by food from carefully- you get the idea