Copy Table Via OCI

From: Dale Edgar <dale_edgar_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:02:05 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All

In order to get around the inability to access tables containing columns of user defined types via a database link (you get an ORA-22804). I would like to develop a generic table copy function in OCI specifically to handle tables which contain columns of user defined types.

The copy function cannot know the structure of the table in advance - it must be able to figure it out dynamically. It does not have to process the data in any way all it has to do is read the data from one DB and insert it into another. The table structures pre-prepared and will be the same on both DB's

I have a beta version working on tables with simple user defined types (VARRAYS, NESTED TABLES etc) but the program breaks if the types themselves are built from user defined types (as is commonly done).

I have done extensive digging on metalink and the web. However, I am now starting to run out of options to try and would appreciate any advice, hints and pointers to source code that you may be able to give.

Kind regards
Dale Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 12:02:05 CEST

Original text of this message