Re: problem in run_report_object (error : frm-40738)

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:29:40 -0700

ssudhavani wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have seen your posting in dbforums regarding error FRM-40738.I am also
> having the same problem.Could you please tell me if you found the
> solution and if so what is to be done in order to eliminate this error.
>

> Thanks
>
> Sudha

> --------------
>
> Originally posted by Kuljeet
>

>>thanks a lot for your help

>>now i use this example to solve our problem

>>but problem is same

>>DECLARE

>>     repid REPORT_OBJECT;

>>     v_rep  VARCHAR2(100);

>>     rep_status varchar2(20);

>>BEGIN

>>     repid := find_report_object('report4'); ===>  where we define
>>     report

>>    v_rep := RUN_REPORT_OBJECT(repid);

>>     rep_status := REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS(v_rep);

>>     if rep_status = 'FINISHED' then

>>          message('Report Completed');

>>     else

>>          message('Error when running report.');

>>     end if;

>>END;

>>same error occur

>>*****************************************

>>FRM-40738  ARGUMENT 1 TO BUILTIN REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS CAN NOT BE NULL

>>*****************************************

>>we are using developer 6 on web

>>i think there is some bug on developer.

> plz help me.
>

> --

I might not know what I'm talking about, but I suspect that I know what is the problem.

Your form is running inside the Forms Server. You want to have your form invoke/generate a report. The Forms Server can't do magic & can't read a crystal ball. Rhetorical question - How does the Forms Server "know" the name of the Reports Server upon which the the report will actually be run?

AKAIK,
server=<report_server_name>
is a required parameter.

Also don't forget minor details such as
userid=<username/password_at_dbname>
just in case the report needs to get data out of some database.

On OTN Oracle has a nice white paper which goes in to MUCH detail explaining how to actually generate Reports fron 9iAS. Received on Sat Sep 06 2003 - 03:29:40 CEST

Original text of this message