Create standby database in Data Guard .

From: myhome <myhome_at_home.hk>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:04:59 +0800

Hi,
[Quoted] I'm using Oracle 9.2.0.1 in Solaris 5.9 in two pcA and pcB. Now in Enterprise Manager, pcA and pcB is in the nodes. I want to use data guard for my system. pcA is primary database and pcB is standby database. I followed the configuration wizard in data guard. After I choose the primary database, then i select create a new physical standby database(step 4 of 7) and click next. Then the message box is prompted "Please wait while the Data Guard Primary verification process starts". Finally, it has a error message "Data Guard remote process startup failed".

Why this problem occur? and how to fix it?

thx Received on Thu Sep 04 2003 - 11:04:59 CEST

Original text of this message