Re: LOB fields and .NET

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:58:03 +0100

"Robert Vabo" <rvabo_at_msn.com> wrote in message news:3f439d1a_at_news.wineasy.se...
> I have a database that is going to contain a lot of documents i
> .DOC,.TXT,.PPT,.PDF etc. formats. I want to index the documets to use a
free
> text search on the database table. I also want to insert and retrieve the
> documents using .NEt (C# or VB.NET) !
>
> Is there anyone of you out there that can give me some tips, links or
other
> helpful hints ?

For free text search you probably want to use OracleText in 9i or Intermedia Text in 8i. The natural choice of provider to my mind for .net development is the Oracle provider for dot net ODP.Net available from otn.oracle.com. The docs for this have examples of working with LOBs.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA