Re: OEM custom events

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:55:17 -0400

"Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net> wrote in message news:Xns93CD9E73C7AA5chuckhsofthomenet_at_130.133.1.4...
> I am trying to set up a custom event in OEM 9.2. It looks like all you can
> return in a custom test is a single value (one row, one column). I want to
> return a value see if the event needs to be triggered and a more
> descriptive report if it is triggered. Knowing that a problem exists is
> almost useless unless you know where the problem is.
>
> For example I want to see if there are any segments that can allocate < 2
> extents before the tablespace is out of space. I want a critical alert if
0
> extents can be allocated and a warning if 1 can be. The problem is I can
> only return one row with one column to the event processor. When the event
> triggers the associated message is simply "current value: n" where n is 0
> or 1. I want it to list all segments that are in danger of not allocating
> the next extent and how many extents they can allocate. Can this be done?

For anyone interested I found a solution to this problem using an "Unsolicited Event". You can pretty much write any test you want with a shell script and execute the "oemevent" command to trigger an alert in the management server. A similar TCL verb is provided for those inclined to write in TCL. Received on Tue Aug 12 2003 - 21:55:17 CEST

Original text of this message