Is encrytion supported by Oracle 8.1.7.4 Standard Edition?

From: Álvaro Palma Aste <queria_direccion_at_el.perla.invalid>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:44:57 +0000 (UTC)

[Quoted] When I run adapters tnslsnr, I get:

Net Protocol Adapters linked with
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0 are:

    BEQ
    IPC
    TCP/IP
    RAW
    SSL Net Naming Adapters linked with
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0 are:

   Oracle TNS Names (tnsnames.ora)
   Oracle Names
   LDAP Oracle Advanced Security products linked with
/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0 are:

      MD5 crypto-checksumming algorithm
      SHA crypto-checksumming algorithm (for FIPS)
      SHA-1 crypto-checksumming algorithm

But, according to Metalink, this should be (at least in Oracle Advanced Security):

Installed Net8 Tranport Protocols are:

IPC
TCP/IP
BEQueath
SSL
RAW Installed Net8 Naming Adapters are:

TNSnames.ora
OracleNames
LDAP
Hostname

Installed Oracle Advanced Security products are:

RC4 40-bit encryption algorithm
RC4 56-bit encryption algorithm
RC4 128-bit encryption algorithm
RC4 256-bit encryption algorithm
DES40 40-bit encryption algorithm
DES 56-bit encryption algorithm
3DES 112-bit encryption algorithm
3DES 168-bit encryption algorithm
MD5 crypto-checksumming algorithm
SHA-1 crypto-checksumming algorithm

I´ve relinked net_client and net_server many times, but can't get encryption installed. The fact is that I'm trying to configure SSL for listener, but I'm getting TNS-12538 errors for the listener, so I guess it may be because I don't have the encryption algorithms installed.

Thanks a lot

--
Atte.
Álvaro Palma Aste