Oracle Developer with Oracle 9i

From: Guy Dillen <guy_dillen_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:37:50 +0200

I have two questions:
[Quoted] 1. Does Oracle9i IDS runs with Oracle9i Personal Edition?

if so my second question:

2. On my workstation (Win2k P4 with 512MB RAM) i have first installed Oracle9i db (Personal Edition) in oracle_home OraHome92. Thereafter i installed Oracle9iDS Release 2 in a separate oracle home IDSHome.

When installing Oracle products i have put IIS in disabled mode.

Now when i launch from the menu:
Oracle9i Developer Suite -> Reports Developer -> Reports Builder the Oracle9i Reports Developer splash screen launches but remains there without getting the application.

I already re-installed on a fresh installed machine, but the result remains the same splash screen hangs!

Anyone an idea what goes wrong here?

Thanks,
Guy Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 17:37:50 CEST

Original text of this message