Re: Oracle DB conversion to ACCESS

From: Sultanik <sultanik_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 05:18:43 GMT

Import your Oracle db via ODBC in MS Access (be sure to create an ODBC connection first).

On your own PC:

1.  Create an ODBC connection to your Oracle DB
2.  Create an Access .mdb file (e.g. test.mdb).
3.  Open the Access .mdb file.
4.  Go to the table section
5.  Right click in a blank area and select "Import"
6.  At the bottom of the import dialogue box, you will see "Files of type:"
7.  Choose the "ODBC Datebases ()" option from the dropdown.
8.  Select the connection you created to your Oracle DB.
9.  Pick the tables you want, click ok when you're done, and voila!

Hope this helps....