Capacity planner + datagatherer blues

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 09:39:13 GMT

Hi - I've started using Oracle Capacity Planner on 2 different sites of ours - one's
still using an Oracle 9.1.0.4 64bit EE AIX 4.3.3 env with OEM server+rep on wintel and another
site is using Oracle 9.2.0.3 64bit EE AIX 5.1 env with OEM server+rep on wintel.
I really liked the tool (dispite all the initial clicking) and it seemed to work nicely. Now after
about a month of data gathering suddenly, the agent can not contact the repository anymore - in
dbsnmp log I'm getting errors like :
11:17:19 03/08/2003
ODG-RLPERR: ERROR: rollup_tables do_rollup to VP_0_3_3_28_HOUR failed

11:17:19 03/08/2003
ODG-LDRERR: ERROR: failed while rolluping up data for svc_id 3, mod_id:3

11:17:19 03/08/2003
ODG-05113: Error: the CP loader failed
When I restart the agent and enable debug mode it basically tells me it can not connect to the repository.
I have this on 2 *different* sites and on both sites nothing has changed on the config. Checking metalink
I see a lot of other people have the same problem (but no real solution) I'm wondering - has anyone been able to run datagatherer/capacity planner for a timeperiod longer than, say 3months, *without* problems ???
I like the tool but I don't want to spend 2 days a month recovering it... What do you guys use for capacity planning ? Received on Sun Aug 03 2003 - 11:39:13 CEST

Original text of this message