Re: Problem inserting data into table

From: Hemant Shah <shah_at_typhoon.xnet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:01:18 +0000 (UTC)

While stranded on information super highway Harald Maier wrote:
:)
:)Please, don't crosspost.

 Sorry. I just started learning Oracle and I was not sure which newsgroup  is appropriate for the question.

:)
:)Hemant Shah <shah_at_typhoon.xnet.com> writes:
:)
:)> EXEC SQL INCLUDE SQLCA;
:)>
:)> EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
:)>
:)> int EmpNo;
:)>
:)> static struct Record
:)> {
:)> short RecLength;
:)> char Record[1024];
:)> } Record;
:)>
:)> static struct LastName
:)> {
:)> short LNameLen;
:)> char LName[35];
:)> } LastName;
:)>
:)
:)It looks that you should use
:)
:) varchar Record[1024];
:) varchar LastName[35];
:)

  Thanks, it fixed the problem, but I am do not know why precompiler does   not like struct. It converts varchar to struct anyway. I am porting my DB2   code to Oracle and DB2 precompiler allows me to define struct myself.

  Are there any other gotchas/differences that I need to be aware of?   Is there a book/manual for users migrating from DB2 to Oracle?

  Thanks.

:)Harald

--
Hemant Shah                           /"\  ASCII ribbon campaign
E-mail: NoJunkMailshah_at_xnet.com       \ /  ---------------------