Oracle Application Architecture

From: HockeyGuy <heymorons_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:36:13 GMT

 Lots of bright people in these newsgroups...

I have oracle application (e-busiess) 11.5.3 and oracle DB 8.1.6 running on one HP box and it is overloaded. I have a chance to use an AIX (IBM UNIX) box to split the apps from the DB. To move the DB to AIX I need to upgrade the 8.1.7.4.

Question - what do folks think about splitting the Oracle Apps from the Database and putting the Apps on one server OS and the Database on another. I know it will require testing - but how much more can it be just due to the OS difference. Gezz, what is everyone/anyone opinion of splitting like this anyway - I am really stuck and only have an AIX box to work with. Suggestions???? Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 20:36:13 CEST

Original text of this message