Re: displaying rows in one database block according to the focus in another database bloc

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_xservices.pants.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:46:25 +0100

"Manikandan" <member12054_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:3159599.1059465935_at_dbforums.com...

> Hi,
> I have two data base blocks.
> One block contains the key.
> The next block contains values for the key.(1 key can contain
> many values)
> If i have 10 keys in my first block and each key contains around 12
> different values,
> when the cursor is at first key record,my second block should have the
> 12 values corresponding to the first key(in first data block).
> i have formed first block with key table.
> the next block with value table.
> The value table has values for the keys in key table in addition to key.
> So how to achieve this and where(in which trigger) i can write my excute
> query or any other better way of doing this operation.
> Please Guide me!

This sounds like homework. Block coordination will require many many triggers if you do it the hard way (like we all had to in Forms 2 - anyone remember that?).

Use the new block wizard. Does it all for you if you have foreign keys defined. Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:46:25 CEST

Original text of this message