Re: undefined reference to sqlcxt

From: thumor <member34030_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:57:29 +0000

Originally posted by thumor
> Help Guys,
> I am getting the same on a simple ProC program on HP-UX with
> Oracle 805.
> I tried everything I could to get the linker to use the libraries from
> $ORACLE_HOME/lib, but still getting the same error:
>
> Undefined Symbols:
> sqlcxt (code).
>
> Any help is helpful.

Found this else where in the same community. This erally works!!

i assume, yourŽe compiling on Unix/Linux. sqlcxt is an external variable defined in libclntsh.so. Just compile with "-L $(ORACLE_HOME)/lib -l clntsh" and it should work.

libclntsh.so itself is created at install time by the shell script $ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh.

Hope this helps you as well