Re: Moving 9i DB from PC-A to PC-B in Win 2k

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:51:19 +0100

"Richard A. Negron" <rnegron_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:xO3Ra.6260$N%3.2885_at_lakeread01...
> Anyone -
>
> I need to move an Oracle 9.2.0.2 Database to a new machine. How can I do
> this by moving the database files, control files, parameter files, and
redo
> files ?

If the filesystem layout is the same then yes it is simple

close down db on PC-A
move all files across
create new service for db on PC-B using oradim startup

If you wish to change names, file locations etc the process is more difficult. What you are doing is known as cloning a database so you could search for that on google.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA