Re: Easiest way to get sys to work as Sysdba in OEM

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:42:53 +0200

[Quoted] On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:37:54 GMT, "Jeff C" <jcondon_at_midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

>This is an Oracle 9i install on HP/UX. I set the remote_login_passwordfile
>to exclusive but it gave me an error about not having a password file. I
>inherited this from our former DBA who really made a mess of things. Can you
>tell me exactly what I need to make this work?

If you get an error about not having a passwordfile: this requirement exists for the 'exclusive' setting only. If you need to create a password file (definitely a documented procedure)
cd to $ORACLE_HOME/dbs
orapwd file=orapw${ORACLE_SID} password=<your password> entries=<number of users you want to allow to have SYSDBA or SYSOPER bounce the database
check out v$pwfile_users as to see which users have privilege, internal and sys should show up.

Please reply in the newsgroup only unless asked to email. I might have emailed only not checking the newsgroup.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jul 06 2003 - 10:42:53 CEST

Original text of this message