Re: SQL Tuning

From: <->
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 15:19:33 GMT

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 00:47:18 GMT, "Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote:

>i downlaoded the free verison of embarcadero. its a piece of garbage. all it
>does is try out every possible message to see if it can improve your query.
>
>completely worthless. all of its 'reports' are just generic sql scripts
>freely available on the web that they put in a nice gui.

Yes, you mean the XPlan program. They also do not maintain it anymore so they must have come to the same conclusion as you. The last version I found was 1999 so it would not be up to speed with any of the new versions of oracle.

>I would assume that most of this SQL software is worthless also.

The problem is that if I start to assume things it always goes wrong. Besides I got to have someting to keep me busy.

>Get Guy
>Harrisons SQL tuning book.
>Its cheaper than the software and more useful.

Thank you I will have a look. Received on Sat Jul 05 2003 - 17:19:33 CEST

Original text of this message