Oracle Portal

From: Tim Corke <timbono1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jul 2003 08:10:46 -0700

[Quoted] Hi All,

I am exploring the possiblity of using Oracle portal to act as an online teaching aid for users.

I am having some problems understanding the range of products that Oracle offers that allow me to implement this; i think due to the software on the client and the server side of things.

Currently I understand that there is a need for Forms Builder that builds the UI which simply exports to a Java applet which then gets displayed in the Internet browser. Is this correct? (This I suppose is the client side of things!)

In which case, whereabouts does Portal come into play in terms of the database (client) and Apache (server).

and also how does Portal rate on the Oracle side of implementing a UI on the Internet? Are there any other options that could be chosen instead?

I hope I am making myself clear as I am somewhat confused overall on the matter.

Kind regards,
Tim Received on Thu Jul 03 2003 - 17:10:46 CEST

Original text of this message