Re: Oracle Forms tutorial

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:26:06 -0700

"Arcadius A." wrote:

> "Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote in message
> > Hi, Arcadius,
> >
> > unfortunately I might have to disappoint You: there are no free tutorials
> > available on Forms.
> > Forms is so utterly bad documented that it really hurts.
> > The only way out of this is to have a look into some books:
> >
> > Oracle Developer Advanced Forms and Reports
> > by Author(s): Peter Koletzke, Paul Dorsey
> > ISBN: 0072120487
> > Format: Softcover, 835 pages.
> > Issued: 2000
> > $59.99 US
> > Oracle Press Books
> > (for the beginners)
> >
> > Oracle Forms Developers Handbook
> > Albert Lulushi
> > 2000
> > ISBN 0-13-030754-8
> > 975 (!!!) pages
> > US$ 59.99
> > Prentice Hall
> >
> > Oracle Developer Forms Techniques
> > by Bulusu Lakshman
> > List Price: $34.99
> > Published: FEB 18, 2000
> > ISBN: 0672318466
> > Pages: 264
> > (high end)
> > http://www.sams.com
> >
> > That is about all useable books out there.
> >

> Thanks so much for the info!
>
> Arcadius

And the books are terrible too.

[Quoted] The best way to approach forms is to start off buildinging visual attributes. [Quoted] Then inherit the visual attributes into property classes. Then build a single form encapsulating the property classes. Then inherit from that form into the final application.

Not that this is something that works with initial learning except in a [Quoted] classroom environment. But it is the mental picture you should have as you explore the product.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu