Re: create table from procedure?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:26:37 -0700

Volker Hetzer wrote:

> > Hi!
> > I've got this little testcase where I create a table from a procedure
> > and
> > and using begin/end in sqlplus.
> > Why doesn't the create table work in the procedure too?
> Got it. Had to do with definer rights and roles.
>
> Lots of Greetings!
> Volker
> --
> While it is a known fact that programmers
> never make mistakes, it is still a good idea
> to humor the users by checking for errors at
> critical points in your program.
> -Robert D. Schneider, "Optimizing INFORMIX
> Applications"

[Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] If the point of creating the table was to use it as a temp table ... now that you figured out how to do it ... don't.

There is on need in Oracle to do this. It kills performance; kills scalability; and is totally unnecessary.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu