Discovering Stored Procedures?

From: John Puopolo <jpuopolo_at_bithammer.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2003 06:31:38 -0700

All,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I would like to write an application that can obtain the name and [Quoted] parameters of a set of stored procedures in an Oracle (9i) database.

Is there a way to programatically enumerate over all stored procedures and find out the number, types and direction of parameters that these procedures take? Is this information stored in special tables in Oracle? I can write the software in C, C++, C# or Java - the client is not picky.

BTW, in this scenario, security is not an issue, as my application will have been GRANT-ed all the permissions that it needs.

Any help or pointers to proper reading much appreciated. Thank you.

John Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 15:31:38 CEST

Original text of this message