Re: Data warehouse

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:27:38 GMT

Daniela Giovenzana wrote:

> We need to install a data warehouse on a windows server.
> The packages we have to buy are:
>
> Database: Oracle 9.0.1.2 or next Enterprise Edition.

  • definitely next ... 9.2

> Application Server: Oracle9iAS 1.0.2.2 or next.

  • definitely recommend the 'next' & I understand the 9.0.4 is coming out very soon. [Quoted]
  • optional but highly recommended for the access utilities (Discoverer, Reports, cache, integration from source, etc.)

> Oracle Enterprise Manager: OEM 9.0.1.

Included with the database AND application server license - use the highest number you find.

> Oracle Workflow: Oracle Workflow server: 2.6.1/2.6.2 (2.6.2 is better) and
> Workflow client: 2.6.1

    [Quoted]
  • Included with the database and with the application server license
  • 2.6.2 = 2.6.1 + event handling.

> Warehouse Builder: Release 9.03

Part of Oracle Developer Suite (also used to develop the reports and administer the Discoverer stuff that's part of 9iAS. So get the latest Developer Suite.

HTH
/Hans Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 18:27:38 CEST

Original text of this message