Re: RDBMS : Do we still live in 20th century?

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 05:45:55 -0700

"Valentin Tihomirov" <valentin_at_abelectron.com> wrote in message news:<3efa22cb$1_1_at_news.estpak.ee>...
> It is much more convenient to define a type of a column selecting it from a
> combo box of possible types. I create tables only once, fill them with
> columns, set attributes for the columns. Then I set relations between fields
> of different tables. There is absolutely no need to program these scripts
> again and again for every table. Why none of the modern RDBMS I know about
> do not provide the functionality like MS Enterprise Manager does?
>
> Regards,
> Valentin.

How often are you going to post this nonsense? Do you consider a fancy GUI a replacement for obtaining real design skills? If so, stick to your GUI, have your company suffer from your lack of knowledge and your crappy applications and wait until you are fired. But STAY AWAY HERE Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 14:45:55 CEST

Original text of this message