Re: Help for Reports60 Server in Linux

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:10:50 +0200

Álvaro Palma Aste wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've installed iAS9i, version 1.0.2.2.0 in a RedHat Linux 7.2 box , and as
> a part of this installation, I've installed and configured Developer 6i,
> which has been upgraded to patchset 13.
>
> I'm running Forms6i and Reports6i server. I've successfully tested Forms6i,
> but can't get Reports to work. In $ORACLE_HOME/6iserver/reports60_server
> I've added (as suggested in Metalink)
>
> REPORTS60_NO_DUMMY_PRINTER=YES; export REPORTS60_NO_DUMMY_PRINTER
> PRINTER=echo; export PRINTER
> TK6_PRINTER=echo; export TK6_PRINTER
> TK6_PRINT_STATUS=echo %n is valid; export TK6_PRINT_STATUS
> TK_PRINTER=echo; export TK_PRINTER
> TK_PRINT_STATUS=echo %n is valid; export TK_PRINT_STATUS
>
> The X Server is correctly configured (I'm sure of it)
>
> And in uiprint.txt file ($ORACLE_HOME/6iserver/guicommon6/tk60/admin/uiprint.txt)
> I've added the "echo" dummy printer as:
>
> echo:ASCII:1:Configure your uiprint.txt file:none:
>
> If I run lpstat -p echo, obviously I don't get nothing.
>
> My idea is, again, obviously, not to use a printer for this Web Reports.
>
> My problem is that, if I run:
>
> $ORACLE_HOME/6iserver/bin/rwcli60 server=Rep60_server report=test.rdf destype=cacheserver
> desformat=echo desname=test.rep batch=yes userid=scott/tiger_at_db
>
> Always get:
>
> REP-0177: Error while running in remote server
> REP-0713: Invalid printer name specified 'echo'
>
> and if I run the Web Report Tester provived by the iAS, I get
>
> Oracle Reports Server CGI - The Reports Server Engine terminated
> abnormally
>
> Can anybody give a pointer to a solution? I've browsed through all the
> Metalink without an answer, I've relinked the reports executables, but all
> fails in the same way. Does anybody knows how to setup the reports server
> without a printer attached to the server?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Hallo Atte,

have a look at this:

TK_PRINT_STATUS=echo %n is valid; export TK_PRINT_STATUS

This can't work in any unix I know of. Try this:

TK_PRINT_STATUS="echo %n is valid"; export TK_PRINT_STATUS TK6_PRINT_STATUS="echo %n is valid"; export TK6_PRINT_STATUS

If I may believe Metalink, TK6_PRINT_STATUS is not used.

--

Gerard H. Pille