Re: how to limit number of records shown in SQL*PLUS?

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:51:27 GMT

In SQL*Plus, you set do

SET PAGESIZE 10
SET PAUSE ON Then, issue your SQL statement. Hit the enter key a second time, and you will be presented with the first page of data (10 rows). Hitting enter gets the next page. This is similar to the 'more' utility on Unix and Windows. When you've seen enough, hit CTL-C to exit.

HTH,
Brian

Bomb Diggy wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I thought Oracle has a SQL*PLUS command 'set rowcount 10' or similar.
> Is that only M$ SQL Server?
>
> I don't need a 'top' anything, but if I select a bazillion records on
> accident, I want to see only the first 10.
>
> Thanks.

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"