rman not managing spfile backups in 9.2...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:20:32 +0200

 Hi!
I've got trouble backing up the spfile.
Rather, the trouble is not the backup per se, that works fine, but when I then type "report obsolete" it lists the spfile backup too.
When I delete obsolete, it gets deleted and when I type restore spfile to "..." validate, rman complains about not having the spfile in any backup piece. Platform: Linux RH server
Version: 9.2.0.1.0 production.

What am I doing wrong?

Lots of Greetings and thanks!
Volker

--

While it is a known fact that programmers never make mistakes, it is still a good idea to humor the users by checking for errors at critical points in your program.
-Robert D. Schneider, "Optimizing INFORMIX

Original text of this message