Re: Workflow Builder

From: asterix <me_at_here>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:34:51 +0100

On 4 Jun 2003 04:15:00 -0700, silvia_panzarasa77_at_yahoo.com (Silvia) wrote:

>Hello, i would like to know how i can reuse a sub process in my item
>type.
>When i save my item type i receive this error: Error 402: you should
>not reuse process 'process-name'.

In a word, you can't. Whoever designed Oracle Workflow should be shot as this is a HUGE limitation of the software. I have a generic process that sends and receives data from a gateway. Wonderful, except I have to have duplicate copies of it for every process I want to run it in. Imagine how complicated things get when you have a three level process heirarchy!!!

Oracle do say it "might work" but you have to guarantee the process will never be running twice at the same time. Oh, and expedite won't work.

And there are no plans to implement as far as I'm aware unless anyone knows otherwise?

Sorry. Received on Wed Jun 11 2003 - 12:34:51 CEST

Original text of this message