ANN: UTL_BinFile Suite v1.03

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 23:00:04 +0400

[Quoted] My apologies to those who could possibly be offended by this announcement. Please note that this Suite is free, so this is not a commercial ad, otherwise [Quoted] I would have posted it to c.d.o.marketplace. :)

UTL_BinFile Suite v1.03 is available for download at http://www.dpsp-yes.com. [Quoted] The suite consists of PL/SQL package and some Java classes and allows PL/SQL developers to work with binary files in Oracle server's file system (reading into BLOBs, writing to BLOBs, listing, deleting, renaming, creating [Quoted] directories), and ZIP/JAR archives (extracting, listing). Functions for compressing/decompressing BLOBs using deflate or gzip methods are also available. Security is controlled via Java2 Security Policy. The suite [Quoted] is free for any kind of use, whether commercial or not, and sources are included (not for the Java part - sorry, but I intend to keep them private.) However, it's not covered by GPL or any other kind of public license.

I realize most of you people here could write a package with the same functionality pretty quickly as it's mostly trivial, but why reinvent the wheel? [Quoted] If you think it was waste of time - so be it, but please don't send bombs to my mailbox. ;) Comments and suggestions are welcome though. Hope it will be of use to you.

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com
[Quoted] Dynamic PSP(tm) - the first true RAD toolkit for Oracle-based internet applications.