Oracle Portal Dynamic pages submitting data to stored procedure

From: Tiago Rocha <tiagocrspamtalho_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:18:03 -0300

Hi,

I am developing an Oracle Portal application and I am facing a problem, if anyone could help me I'd be very grateful.

I have the latest version of Portal 3.0.9, installed on a linux server. I'm using I.E. 6.0 to interface with Portal.

I have a dynamic page that have a <form> tag, like this:

<form name="MyFormName" action="MySchema.MyStoredProcedure" method="post">

I changed the form name and the stored procedure name, because I'm in Brazil and these names are in portuguese, it won't make much sense in english...

Well, problem is, when I click on submit button, instead of calling the stored procedure, the browser tries to load a page called "http://MyServer/pls/MyDADMySchema.MyStoredProcedure" instead of calling the actual stored procedure. The procedure have all the parameters defined on
<input> tags within the html code of the dynamic page.

I've tried metalink, but they are worthless when it comes to help on Portal issues, as is the portalcenter page at Oracle website.

I don't know what else I can do, any help or hint would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks In Advance,

Tiago Rocha
remove "spamtalho" to email

Apply Solutions