Re: help me please proc precompiler

From: Zafer <zafer_at_redshift.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:57:50 -0700

I believe Guido was referring to my reply posted on this usergroup answering another gentleman's question which was similar in context.

If someone interested in 8.0.6.3 compatibility, then Forms 6i with patch 13 (for solaris/linux) or 6i for windows (it includes patch 13) from Oracle Technology Network (OTN). In 8i databases, Pro*C can be installed via the "custom" installation option. Oracle 9i, it is installed when a "typical" installation is performed (custom option also available).

Ensure that you have a compatible C compiler on your system if your intend is to develop (not runtime). You will need to modify the pcscfg.cfg configuration file for your platform/environment. On unix systems do a find under the $ORACLE_HOME for pcscfg.cfg.

Hope this proves useful.
regards

Zafer AKTAN
Oracle DBA/Developer