SQL and configuration management using Oracle Repository Object Navigator 9ias

From: bpg <bpg_at_eircom.net>
Date: 13 May 2003 04:27:44 -0700

Hi,

[Quoted] We are developing a forms based application using 9ias developer suite under windows2000. We use the Oracle Repository Object Navigator (RON) for version control and general configuration management – no problem there. We are not using Designer. However unlike forms, as SQL can be stored in the DB there is no requirement to maintain SQL scripts in the file system from where they can be checked in/out to the RON. For proper version control our developers store SQL in flat files and check in/out, however occasionally changes are made to the SQL in the database causing it to get out of synch with the repository. To ensure correctness we can replace the SQL in the repository with an extract from the DB but this is not entirely satisfactory

Any body any suggestions as to how best to manage SQL in such an environment to minimize risk and maximize control

Cheers

bg Received on Tue May 13 2003 - 13:27:44 CEST

Original text of this message