Re: Entering Default value in a field..

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:23:37 -0700

Gaetan Poitras wrote:

> Hello.. In forms 4.5 (running under windows nt)
>
> I need to populate a default value in a TExt field Char(1500).
>
> The text has some "ENTER" character example:
>
> 'Hello line 1
>
> hello line 3
>
> hello line 5'
>
> When It populate when the forms run, the enter are replace by Space so
> my field has this value :
>
> 'Hello line 1 hello line 3 hello line 4';
>
> This is wrong.. How Can I default the value and keep the "ENTER" in
> the text field..?

Can't say I am sure I understand what your problem is. But if you say:

x := :block.item;
Then modify x
Followed by
:block.item := x;

you should be able to do anything you wish.

But I am truly amazed by a CHAR(1500). This should be changed to a VARCHAR2 unless the point is to waste lots of space.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu