Forms Trigger: firing order question

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 16:39:28 +0200

[Quoted] Hello, NG

[Quoted] Which trigger of the following two fires first when combined ? Or is it non-deterministic (worst case) ?

  1. When-Tab-Page-Changed (calling PU_Check_Many_Things, raises form_trigger_failure eventually and if, then go back to the prev tab)
  2. When-New-Block-Instance on the new tab (calling another PU to show lookup data for the new tab page)

I have 2 tab pages, each tab references one database block. It is an MD-Form.

The problem is: When the IF-rules inside of PU_Check_Many_Things are not met, it raises form_trigger_failure - so far ok, I can see my messages indicating that.
But the form does *not stop executions* at that point, it keeps the focus on the new tab showing lookup data, as if
form_trigger_failure is being ignored :( ... and Set_Canvas_Property( 'CAN_MAIN', TOPMOST_TAB_PAGE, 'PERSON' ); does not help to bring me back to the previous tab - seems also been ignored.

So I think it maybe the firing order of the triggers. I went through some manuals and books, even through some flow charts, but I found nothing on this ... so far I only know about this one trigger firing at tab changes.

BTW: it is still Forms 5 ... any tips are greatfully appreciated.

Thank You in advance, Jan Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 16:39:28 CEST

Original text of this message