Re: Oracle software installation on hebrew enabled OS

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 22:00:51 +0200

[Quoted] On 4 May 2003 01:50:03 -0700, shoval_at_softov.co.il (Shoval Tomer) wrote:

>Is there a way to tell these tools to disregard the regional settings
>of the OS, and to laod as if US-English is the only langauge
>available?

Try setting NLS_LANG in your registry (in HKLM\software\oracle, or as environment variable) to
American_America.WE8ISO8859P1, though there is a fine chance you also need to change the code page for sql*plus purposes. The corresponding code page is 850

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun May 04 2003 - 22:00:51 CEST

Original text of this message