Bookmarks in 9iAS

From: Chris Weiss <info_at_hpdbe.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:50:23 -0400

The project I am working requires the use of 9iAS release 1 with forms 6i, and 9iAS has a bug in its forms server related to expired passwords. We have a pretty straightforward work around, but we would like to short circuit some of the work.

Is there a way to set a web enabled form to eliminate the book mark effect? When users start the application normally by clicking on a web link, the app starts on our welcome page, which allows us to do our thing regarding the password bug. However, when a user has book marked a form, this has the form name in the URL, and the user bypasses our welcome screen. We can catch this with a form trigger and redirect them to the welcome scream, but this requires us to modify almost every form in the system.

Is there a configuration option or setting that would would force the user to start the application on the welcome page?

Thanks,
Chris Received on Tue Apr 29 2003 - 20:50:23 CEST

Original text of this message