problem collecting data from Oracle Capacity Planner

From: SP <sdpantDeleteTOReply_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:43:22 GMT

Hi all,
I'm trying to collect data for some counters (like memory, I/O etc.) from Oracle Capacity Planner from inside Enterprise Manager but I'm getting VTP-0105, ODG-05793 and ORA-12545.
oracle says for ODG-05793 Error: unable to verify historical database connection
Cause: the Capacity Planner product cannot connect to the historical database supplied
Action: modify the local tnsnames.ora file to contain the service name used as the location for the historical database. But the local tnsnames has right tnsnames entry. Intellgient agent is running fine. I'm having this problem in two of the dbs but the other two is being connected fine. And I can connect the same dbs through other oracle tools.
Any help would be apprciated.
SP Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 20:43:22 CEST

Original text of this message