Re: [ANNOUNCE] Senora: a replacement for sqlplus

From: <alcesteatxmissiondot_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 06:14:55 +0000 (UTC)

In comp.databases.oracle.server DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote:

> We have a usenet group specifically for posting of commerical messages ...
> comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.
> Please do not post spam here where it is inappropriate. Post your messages
> to the correct usenet group. And apologize so as not to alienate your
> potential customers.

Daniel:

It should really be you apologizing in this case. Mr. Rautzburg goes to the effort of creating a useful set of utilities, making them available under [Quoted] an open-source license, and asks only that we have a look. He does so with a post to two appropriate newsgroups and a reference which makes it easy to see (a sourceforge.net URL) what his product's all about.

In return, he gets a snap-judgement response that, even had it been accurate, was of a snippy and unhelpful tone.

Aren't you the one who is always telling people to "do their homework?" I can't give you a passing score on this assignment.

To the original poster:
Thanks for letting us know about this tool, and thanks for offering it under an open-source license. It's developers like you who make everyone else's jobs easier.

Jer Smith Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 08:14:55 CEST

Original text of this message