Re: abnormal termination of forms6.0 app

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 12:24:17 GMT

In article <ilZia.17368$ZL2.3210421_at_juliett.dax.net>, "Tove" <tove.bjornbakk_at_c2i.net> wrote:
>After converting an app from forms5.0 to forms6.0, it sometimes terminates
>without any message at all. Is this a known problem, and what causes this?

I'd re-"Compile All" any forms that are crashing. This sort of dumping happens all the time for us on complex forms that were compiled incrementally after a change. It's always due to a trigger, and you can usually tell which by looking at the top-most entry on the error stack of the dump file. Once compiled successfully with compile-all, the form is fine until the next time it's changed. I now routinely do a compile-all before rebuilding, just to be safe.

HTH, YMMV Received on Mon Apr 07 2003 - 14:24:17 CEST

Original text of this message