Re: Need help with a SQL query

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2003 20:26:57 +1100

 Joseph> select 'a' as ATTRIBUT , count(*) as no from table1 where a
 Joseph> is not null UNION select 'b' as ATTRIBUT, count(*) as no from
 Joseph> table1 where b is not null UNION select 'c' as ATTRIBUT,
 Joseph> count(*) as no from table1 where c is not null

While the answer does give what the OP asked for, I have a feeling it won't be the result wanted. Its likely a group by may be needed on each statement, otherwise they will have one row for each row returned with a different value for the attribute, but the same value for the count.

Tim
Tim

 Joseph> "Anders Windelhed" <anders_at_underlandstudios.com> wrote in  Joseph> message news:txqga.30193$oe.93724_at_amstwist00...
>> I need help with a SQL query...
>>
>> I have three queries:
>>
>> (select 'a' as ATTRIBUT , count(*) as no from table1 where a is
>> not null)
>>
>> (select 'b' as ATTRIBUT, count(*) as no from table1 where b is not
>> null)
>>
>> (select 'c' as ATTRIBUT, count(*) as no from table1 where c is not
>> null)
>>
>> the results from these queries looks like this
>>
>> attribut no a 34
>>
>> and so on...
>>
>> I would like to combine into one result table like this
>>
>> attribut no a 34 b 334 c 23
>>
>> I know that it would be much easier to create a query that gives
>> the
 Joseph> result

--
Tim Cross