Re: Can you use weak reference cursors in Oracle Reports?

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:21:44 GMT

[Quoted] I don't follow. If you're suggesting to assign the weak reference cursor to a strongly typed one then how do you do that ...

declare
  type trec is record (dummy dual.dummy%type);   type trc is ref cursor return trec;
  rc_weak sys_refcursor;
  rc trc;
begin
  open rc_weak for 'select dummy from dual';   rc := rc_weak;
end;

20:16:25 > /
declare type trec is record (dummy dual.dummy%type); *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-06504: PL/SQL: Return types of Result Set variables or query do not match
ORA-06512: at line 7

Richard