Re: How to create a PDF report from the server

From: zorro <z_at_z.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:26:02 GMT

Thank you!

[Quoted] Actually, it's my problem is more an install problem. I can install Developer 6i with Forms Server and Report Server, I can install Oracle AS 9i, but I can't make the connection between the Forms server (and Report Server) and the Web server.

The test.fmx example is

http://192.168.1.10:7777/dev60cgi/ifcgi60.exe?form=test.fmx&userid=scott/tig er_at_orcl&otherparams=useSDI=yes&lookAndFeel=generic&colorScheme=teal

[Quoted] But dev60cgi/ifcgi60.exe doesn't exist in the Oracle AS directory.

How can I install and set up the Web server to run the ifcgi60 correctly ? What module do I have to install ?

I use Windows XP as a server and client.

Thanks for you help,
Denis

"URNinja-ed" <LCIYQBBEQVFA_at_spammotel.com> wrote in message news:3E65C5C6.8A5D0E23_at_spammotel.com...
> Embed the report into the form.
> Use run_report_object to set up and run the report
> from the form.
> Yes. you will need to be running forms and reports server on
> your server (obviously), in addition to the webserver be it 9iAS
> or apache.
> In the launch form test for report completion. Here is a clue how
> to:
>
> rep_status:=REPORT_OBJECT_STATUS(report_job_id);
>
> WHILE rep_status in ('RUNNING','OPENING_REPORT','ENQUEUED')
> LOOP
> rep_status := report_object_status(report_job_id);
> END LOOP;
>
> IF rep_status='FINISHED' THEN
> pvSuccess := TRUE;
> lvCompletion := 'Y';
> ELSE
> message ('Report failed with error message '||rep_status);
> pvSuccess := FALSE;
> lvCompletion := 'N';
> END IF;
>
> Output the PDF file on the server to a directory where the web server
> can serve it up as a web page.
>
> and then in the form use web_show_document to display the PDF.
> if your browser is configured correctly it will display native to the
> browser.
>
> Be warned there is a bug in Reports6i whereby the PDF will sometimes
> not show entirely and complains about a 'format error' or something.
> The workaround is to set acrobat to remove the web browser integration
> in acrobat.
> This may have been addressed in later releasese.
>

> zorro wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to create a some reports in PDF format with Oracle Report 6i.
My